This course is ideal for people who have a responsibility to understand how to operate safely and rescue others in an ice environment.
Topics covered in this course are:
- An introduction to static and dynamic ice safety and rescue principles
- Hazard awareness, identification and avoidance
- Incident action plan and communications
- Self rescue and team rescue
- Horizontal technical rope applications on ice
- Subject profilling, packaging and care
- equipment stabilizations and salvage
- Boat and helo overview for ice rescue
This course is compliant with NFPA standards, SAR rescue team and IRIA.
1st course: January 17th and 18th in Dawson
2nd course: March 2nd and 3rd in Whitehorse
Equipment and dry suits included.
Cost: $375 per person plus GST
Prices are subject to change without notice. 5% GST applicable to all prices.